Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Aunt Carla

I wanted to make a fun and colorful card to celebrate my Aunt Carla's Birthday so I reached for one of my newer cartridges that I got for Christmas, Cricut Pack Your Bags. This cartridge is full of great images for summer, vacations and beachy related things.
 
The card base is a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card with the blue polka dotted paper measuring 4" x 5.25"
The postage stamps were cut from page 55. 3 were cut out of Kraft cardstock at 2" and 3 out of a patterned cardstock at 1.75"
Drink 1 is also found on page 55 and all layers were cut at 1.5"
Drink 2 is found on page 69 and all layers were cut at 1.5"
Drink 3 is found on page 70 and all layers were cut at 1.5"
Each of the drinks were adhered flat to the postage stamp and then the stamps are popped up on foam tape.
For the bottom I freehand cut a curved shape out of some kraft cardstock using scissors and punched a wave out of blue cardstock using the Fiskars Wave punch.
To finish off the card I stamped my sentiment in the bottom right and attached some seashell stickers that I had in my stash.

 
For the inside I simply stamped a sentiment and then added 2 strips of paper that match what was used on the front of the card. The blue polka dot strip is 1" and the multicolored strip is .75" The flip flops are stickers that came from the same set as the seashells used on the front.


1 comment: