Monday, August 25, 2014

Welcome baby Noah

Yesterday my cousin gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Noah. Both mother and baby are happy and healthy and we are all so glad that Noah is finally here.
 
 
Below is the card that I made for my cousins baby shower back in June.


 
To make this card I cut 2 dark blue onesies from the Cricut Life is a Party Cartridge (pg. 29) on the BASE layer, and then using the BASE SHIFT I cut one layer in white and 2 in light blue .
 
I adhered the white layer to one of the dark blue pieces and then glued only the top edges (the shoulder pieces) together with the other blue piece to make a flip up card.
 
I ran the light blue piece through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder and adhered it to the front of the card.
 
I chose to use another image on the front of the onesie instead of the duck that cuts out with it. I found the boat on the Baby Steps Cartridge (pg. 55) and I only cut the Layer 1 pieces.
 
I then added 3 small buttons (from favorite findings) to the bottom for a more finished look.
 
On the inside I cut the remaining light blue onesie so that only a 'diaper' shape was left and added 2 pieces of washie tape to either side in a coordinating color. I placed so foam take along the sides and bottom of the 'diaper' piece so that a gift card would slide into the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment