Tuesday, December 6, 2016

6 x 6 Challenge- Day 1

So, anyone who knows me knows that I am completely OBSESSED with YouTube! When I'm not crafting or spending time with family I can usually be found browsing YouTube for new videos on crafting, food or other miscellaneous nonsense.

Which brings me to my post for today, I am starting a new series. This idea is not my own and you guessed it I found it on YouTube. I recently came across a woman who has made it her mission to use every piece of a 6 x 6 paper pad before she can move on to a new one. I fell in love with this idea, not only will it help me to make a lot of cards but I would also deplete my stash of 6 x 6 paper (let's face it, I have a paper hoarding problem). 

She simply sits down with one 6 x 6 paper pad and a stack of card sketches she found online, sets the camera to record and begins. So, after watching several of her 6 x 6 paper pad videos, I naturally though how hard can it be. 

I picked a paper pad (Gingerbread by CraftSmith) spent 2 hours searching the Internet for the "perfect" sketch and then I finally set to work. 4 hours later the result...looks nothing like the sketch but I'm still really happy with it and in the end I think that is what truly matters. 

Here is the sketch I attempted to use: 


And now for the actual results:





No comments:

Post a Comment