Tuesday, December 13, 2016

6 x 6 Challenge- Day 2

So the countdown begins, there are now officially only 12 days left until Christmas and I have not bought a single gift. For someone else I mean, I have bought pleanty for myself. Why is it that when you walk into the store around Christmas time to buy the "perfect gift" for someone you suddenly experience a gigantic brain fart and can't think of a single thing that the person would like. But, you suddenly remember about 20 things that you want that you forgot to put on your Christmas list. The only solution, simply buy it yourself. So after several hours of shopping at a store with the intent of getting all of your Christmas shopping done you suddenly realize the only person receiving gifts from you is… yourself. Am I the only one this happens to? 

Well before I have a massive panic attack about my lack of gifts for other people let's get on with the card. You'll be happy to know that I stuck quite close to the sketch this week (pats myself on the back for a job well done) and it only took me 2 hours of which most of it was drying time. 

Here is the sketch (once again from operation write home, if you go to their website you can download a PDF of all 300 sketches): 



And the finished cards:



This weeks card went a lot faster than last weeks because I gave myself permission to relax. As I stated above the longest part of this card was actually drying time. I used a stamp from a Hampton Arts Christmas stamp set, for the snow globe and colored it in using my Bic Mark-it markers. For the snow I used the clear Wink of Stella glitter marker. I coated the whole "dome" with glossy accents to give it a glass like look. It turned out much better than I anticipated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment