Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Flashback Monday- Graduation Card

Hey guys. I was going through some old photos on my phone in order to see what projects I have already shown you guys, and what still needs to be shown. I found this card that I made in May 2014 for one of my mom's coworkers who is graduating with her masters degree.


Now, I know a lot of you were wondering why I chose to use hello kitty for an adult graduation card. And, the answer is simple, because I wanted to LOL. I know my mom's coworker pretty well, well enough to know that she would appreciate Hello Kitty and think that it was cute. Plus from the moment I saw this image on the cartridge I knew it was what I wanted to use, and I simply don't know anyone else who will be graduating in the for seeable future. It was now or never. Since I made this card so long ago I have forgotten the sizes for the cuts. But what I can tell you is that she was cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge. 

I also used some homemade "enamel dots" on this card. I made them by melting down peerler beads. I found the instructions for this on YouTube, there are a ton of videos if you're looking for how to do this. I love how they turned out, the only potentially negative that I found is that glue (at least Scotch quick dry) does not like them so it is hard to make them stick. 

Well, that is all for today. I will see you back on Wednesday with a new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment