Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Valentine Cupid Layout

KHey guys, here it is my layout from Friday. I decided to stick with the Valentine's Day theme, mostly because the stuff is scattered all across my desk. 


I use pattern paper from two different 12 x 12 paper pads. The first was from Pebbles and the second from Recollections. I punched out to border strips from white card stock using the Martha Stuart lace heart punch, I seem to use this one a lot around Valentine's Day, it's one of my favorites. 

Next, I grabbed my favorite Cricut cartridge, Teddy Bear Parade, and cut the Cupid bear out at 4 1/4 inches. I ran the white piece for the "dress" through my Xyron create a sticker upside down in order to apply glue to the front of the dress, then I glittered the entire thing so it has some sparkle and shine. It took me a while to figure out what else I wanted on this layout until I "rediscovered" that I have the Victorian Romance cartridge that I have yet to use. This cartridge has some great images on it, the only negative that I can say is that it doesn't come with any cutting guide or handbook to tell you how to layer each image or even which cuts belong to which images. But, all in all I'm definitely going to be reaching for this cartridge again. Btw, I cut Love at 2 inches. 

My photo much are the standard 4.25 x 6.25 for the red mat and 4 x 6 for the photo mat. In case I've never stated it, because let's face it my brain isn't working properly this week, I like to use photo corners on all of my scrapbook layouts. It makes it so much easier weather I keep the way out for myself or give it to someone else. I started doing this when I made albums for family members, as gifts, because none of them had photo safe adhesive on hand. I wanted them to be able to use the layout without having to go out and buy glue to adhere the photos. 

I don't really know what else I can say about this layout except for I really like the way that it turned out and hope you all do as well. If you have any questions, comments or feedback feel free to leave it in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment