Friday, October 6, 2017

Haunted House

A haunting we will go, a haunting we will go, in 25 days its Halloween and a haunting we will go. Hey guys, do you like my song? I thought of it an hour ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. I hate it when a song gets stuck in your head because it makes it hard to focus on the things that need to be done, like writing a blog post. I have to stop after every other sentence to sing it to myself, thankfully no one is home or they would think I have gone insane.

Speaking of insane, (nice segue Ashley) that is what I think of people who enjoy going to Haunted houses. I think that I briefly mentioned in Tuesday's post how much I HATE haunted houses, but today I thought that I would drive the point home by mentioning again. Plus, it fits in with today's scrapbook layout.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old I went with my parents to the zoo for a Halloween Spooktacular that was held every year. You got to walk around and see the animals at night and they lit the pathways with jack-o-lanterns and scarecrows. At one point along the trail they had a haunted house where employee's were dressed up and had some bloody objects. I don't know if the employee just didn't see me or if he was showing off for the teenagers that were in front of us but he jumped out in front of us with a chainsaw and scared me to death. I ran away bawling and it took my parents quite a while to calm me down. To make matters worse (at least for me) the employee felt so bad that he had scared me so much, he chased after us to apologize and to give me a sucker. Thus my hatred of haunted houses began.

When I was trying to figure out what kind of layout to make for today I decided to simply flip through the numerous paper pads that I have to see if anything spoke to me and I came across three sheets of this spooky/graveyard/haunted house paper and thought, I can work with that. Since the background paper provides most of the work for the layout, all that was needed was a 4 x 6 inch photo mat and some added embellishments. I decided to go ahead and make all three pages into layouts so that I can sell some or give them away to family. I had a lot of these cute dimensional monsters that I had bought in a pack after Halloween last year. I am not exactly sure where I bought them but I thought that they would look cute next to the tall dark house.

So, what do you think? Do you have a favorite out of the three? My favorite changes each time I look at them.




No comments:

Post a Comment