Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Hallow-Kitty

The countdown is officially on, and we have 28 days until Halloween! Now, I've never really been that big into Halloween. I dressed up as a kid to go trick-or-treating around the block with my parents, over to my aunt and uncles house or if it was a cold or rainy night we would go out to the mall were you could get tootsie rolls galore.

I have never been a person who likes to be scared, so I absolutely detest haunted houses or being jumped out at. I had a couple of bad experiences as a young kid of people trying to jump out and scare me, and let's just say it didn't end well.

As I got older, around high school age, my typical Halloween night was watching my version of a scary movie and eating junk food. Heck this is probably what I am going to be doing again this year. But, for the last couple of years now I have been hosting a Murder Mystery Dinner Party for some family and friends on or around Halloween, and it has been super fun and gives us all something to do that involves dressing up and having fun.

Anyway, I have rambled on long enough. Let's get to crafting. But first let me say that in the lead up to Halloween I will be posting only Halloween themed projects for the month of October, so get excited. The first project that I am coming at you with is a 4 x 4 inch card.

I was recently cutting down some cardstock scraps and I had several left over from a previous project that would be perfect for some 4 x 4 cards. I pulled out my Halloween stamps and I fell in love with this adorable little kitty with a witch hat on, so I stamped it out,  colored him, and then used my scissors to trim him out. Then what? I sat there staring at this cute kitty trying to figure out what to do next. When all else fails, browse Pinterest for a while. There I came across several cards that had a starry night/ galaxy scene and I thought that that would be a perfect backdrop for my cat.

I made several different variations of this card because I couldn't figure out how I wanted it to look, and I was having fun experimenting with this new background technique. I even tried masking off the cat using rubber cement and inking around the image. I definitely need more practice with that. I decided to keep the insides the same on all of the cards by just stamping 'Happy Halloween' and then adding a strip of patterned paper that matched the mat on the front of the card.

Let me know which one is your favorite!





No comments:

Post a Comment