Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Valentines Shaker

With Valentine's Day only a month away I need to get started on some cards. For today's card I was inspired by a post I found on Pinterest. 


I used some patterned paper from an old Recollections 6 x 6 paper pad called With Love cut to 4" x 5.25". I made the "Polaroid" shaker out of a piece of white card stock that measured 2.75" by 3.5". I measured 1 inch from the bottom and 3/8 of an inch from the other three sides and cut out the middle using a craft knife. (See picture below) 


I adhered a piece of transparency to the backside of the "Polaroid" and surrounded the frame with foam tape, making sure that there were no gaps in the tape for the shaker hearts to fall out. 
The hearts were actually the negatives from the Lace Hearts punch by Martha Stewart. I cut them from red, light pink, dark pink and white card stocks. 
I cut a piece of red card stock that measure 2.75" by 3.5" and adhered it to the back of the shaker before attaching the entire thing to the pattern paper using double-sided tape. 
The 'love ya' sentiment was from a paper smooches stamp set called Scripty Sayings. 

I kept the inside of the card simple by just using a piece of 4" x 5.25" White card stock and stamping it with a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment from Stampabilities. The hearts came from the same paper smooches stamp set as "love ya". And, all the stamping was done using memento love letter ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment