Friday, July 8, 2016

Have a BLAST

Hey guys, it's Friday!! I hope you have all had a good week. People are still shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood but at least by now they are are stopping around 11 pm so it is easier to get some sleep. They are beautiful to look at but annoying when you are trying to sleep.

Since Monday was July 4, aka Independence Day, I thought that I would share a patriotic themed layout with you this week. And, I have to tell you I am completely in love with how this layout turned out!!




For this layout I was loosely inspired by a single page layout I saw on youtube/pintrest by one of my favorite scrapbookers, Faith Abigail Designs. She used SVG files that she bought online to create her layout, but I decided to test myself to see if I could recreate a similar layout only using supplies I already own. It took a little time but in the end the result is WAY better than I anticipated!! 

I was able to use a coupon that gave me a free trial of the Cricut subscription service,so I had even more cartridge options available to me. It is definitely something I am considering subscribing to but that will have to wait for awhile (aka when I have money). In the end I used three cartridges that I own (Teddy Bear Parade, Stand and Salute and George an Basic) and only two that I don't (Old West for the barrel and Independence Day for the wagon and flag banner.)

I hope that you all enjoy this layout as much as I do and that you had a happy and safe 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment