Friday, August 4, 2017

Layered Butterfly Birthday

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week. A month or two ago I was on YouTube and the person I was watching mentioned a website where you could order cheaper crafting items like dies and stamps. After finishing the video I immediately went online to check it out and I fell in LOVE! The website is called Aliexpress.com and they have a TON of items of all kinds, not just craft related. So far, I have only looked at and bought stamps and dies. The products all come from China so they can take some time to arrive.The quickest I have received something was about 10 days and the longest was maybe a month, but so far I have only placed one order (although it was rather large) but each item was sent separately because they come from different sellers within one website. You can be sure that I am going to be placing another one as soon as I can.

Some of their stuff is knockoffs of big name stamp and die companies but at a fraction of the price, which is AWESOME for my pocketbook!!

Today I realized that I needed to make a birthday card for a party that I am going to this weekend but I didn't have a lot of time to work on a card. But, sitting on my desk was a package from Aliexpress containing a butterfly die that I had ordered and been to lazy to put away yet. Sometimes procrastination works in my favor and helps to provide that much needed inspiration
.
I decided to cut the butterfly out of three different shades of cardstock (for an ombre look) and then layer them together in the center so that the wings stand up for appeal and dimension. I love the beautiful lacy wings of this butterfly and the die cut like butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment