Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Candy Corn Trees

Do you like candy corn? It seems that everyone I know either loves it or hates it, there is often no middle ground. I personally hate it, eating it that is. I love the look of them though, and I can't really explain why.

When I was at my local Dollar Tree recently I came across some styrofoam cones in the floral section and for some strange reason (probably the overabundance of fall decor) my brain instantly thought, 'this looks like a giant candy corn.' So needless to say, I left the store with a couple of cones, a package of glass tea light holders and a bag of sickeningly sweet candy corn (which I later gave to my dad who loves them).

Now it is time to turn it into a project! Shown below are some of the pieces that I used to create these ADORABLE trees. I also used a scalloped circle punch from my stash (from EK Success, I think) the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, a hot glue gun, the glass tea light holders and some real candy corn.

It looks good enough to eat, that is if you actually LIKE candy corn.




No comments:

Post a Comment