Monday, October 15, 2018

Roman Ruins- Food Table

I am back with another post about FOOD!!! Today I want to share with you the foods that I made for my second Murder Mystery Party back in 2015. The mystery was call Roman Ruins and you can find it on Amazon HERE if you are interested in checking out the game. 

I got a LOT of flack the previous year about how much I made food wise for the party and knew that I needed to dial it back a bit. The problem is, that once again, I struggle with narrowing my focus. I have so many ideas that flood my head because I get so excited that I find it hard to pick only a couple. So, although I tried to scale it back with this year's food, I still had guests telling me that I did too much...oh well, at least we all enjoyed it. 

Once again, lets start off with the actual meal. Shown below are the two different salad blends (one is a simple iceberg blend and the other has baby spinach and arugula) a couple of different salad dressings and some salad toppings. I kept the bell peppers, bacon crumbles, tomatoes and olives in separate bowls because I wasn't sure who would like what. Next to the salad is a cheese and cracker tray with four different kinds of cheeses and four different kinds of crackers. 

Not shown in the photos, we also had a LARGE pot of spaghetti with meatballs, three pizzas from Little Caesar's (because they are the closest) and garlic bread.



Now on to my favorite part....DESSERT!!! Once again we had a bowl with Halloween candy and some chocolate covered popcorn. I placed some almond and chocolate biscotti into the black cauldron that I used the year before for the candy. Next to those are some mini cheesecake bites (that come in three flavors) from Sam's Club. Then lastly, I made my two favorite Italian desserts; a replica of Olive Garden's lemon cream cake and mini tiramisu cups.I actually made two varieties- the traditional ones with the the lady fingers dipped in coffee and another batch with the lady fingers dipped in hot chocolate- there wasn't too much of a flavor difference thought.)



For some reason, that I tried not to take personally, some of my guests didn't eat hardly anything this year. I later found out that two of them don't like spaghetti and had eaten pizza for dinner the night before and two others had eaten before they came even though all four new we were having a meal and what the meal would be. I have to admit, I was EXTREMELY hurt!!

Unfortunately, halfway through the party my older niece (who was five) got sick and threw up all over her daddy so they had to leave early. 

And, later that night, my friend was sitting on the couch and her wedding band fell off and disappeared somewhere deep inside the couch. We worked for five hours to try and recover it but in the end we never did find it. At about the four and a half hour mark my friend ended up saying that it was okay the ring only cost $10 on Amazon, she could get a new one. I don't know who was more upset at that moment, my friend for loosing her ring, my dad because he had been lifting the couch and crawling on the floor or my mom because we had to untack part of the liner at the bottom of the couch and bang it around an potentially damage it all for a $10 ring. 

It was sure an interesting year but at least it left some fun stories to tell later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment