Monday, October 1, 2018

Halloween Murder Mystery

Wow, I can't believe that October is here already!! In someways it seems like January was just yesterday. With all of the family stuff that has gone on this year, I feel like I have missed out on 2018.  Oh well, I will just have to make it my mission to enjoy the remainder of the year!

Each year, for the past five years, I have hosted a Halloween Murder Mystery Party at my house (I have briefly mentioned it before) and each year I make a scrapbook layout for the previous years photos as a way to remember foods served, costumes worn and the overall theme. So, since I have not yet blogged about each layout, I thought that this month would be a perfect time to share all of the layouts that I have made so far. 

I have been trying to make the plans for this years party for about a month now but between a couple of people who have to work, family who wont give you an answer and friends who won't call back, it has been pretty exhausting and as of right now I am not even sure that there will BE a party this year, which makes me incredibly sad and frustrated!! (But, I am trying not to rant two weeks in a row so lets move on).


Ok Ashley, enough of the melancholy, let's talk about the first page of my Halloween Murder Mystery scrapbook. I choose to go with more 'traditional' Halloween colors (at least the colors that I think of when it comes to Halloween- Black, Purple, Orange, and Green). Since a murder mystery party is kind of like a mini play I decided to go with a theater/cinema look for the title page. 

As I was designing this layout, I wanted a way that I could incorporate each players name on the page, similar to a playbill or credit screen but initially I was stumped about how to do it. After I found the movie marquee on the Cricut Art Deco Cartridge the idea for putting the names on popcorn buckets suddenly 'popped' (see what I did there ☺) into my head. I found the popcorn buckets that I wanted on the Cricut When I Was a Kid Cartridge and cut one out for each of the adults that played the game and used some small alphabet stickers that I found in my craftroom to add the names. 

Lastly, I wanted to add my 'nieces' names to the page, because they also come every year even though they are to young to play. I will admit that I was stumped on what to use and where to put whatever element I choose. Finally (after what seems like DAYS) I decided that the PERFECT nameplate was a ticket and let me tell ya, I felt like an idiot for not thinking of a ticket sooner. I cut the flourished ticket from the Cricut Wall Decor and More Cartridge and the smaller tickets came from a ticket die strip that I have. 



I am EXTREMELY proud of how this layout turned out. And, It would be easy to replicate now that the design part is done. Which is my not so suttle way of saying that if you would like to purchase a page similar to this one (there will be some minor differences in sticker and background papers) I would be happy to make more! If you are interested please email me at thesweetscrapper@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment