Friday, June 9, 2017

Galaxy Mirror CAKE

This past week (Sunday June 4- June 8) was Vacation Bible School at the church that my mom works at. Each year I help out by doing the attendance and helping out where I can. The theme for this year was Galactic Starveyors, so it was all about space. I wanted to do something special to mark the end of this galactic journey so I thought that I would make a cake, something that I enjoy doing but rarely blog about.




I found the directions for how to make this cake on YouTube and all in all I think that my attempt turned out pretty good. I ended up make two of these galaxy cakes, one to take to our family reunion tomorrow and the other for my grandpa's birthday cake. I made my cakes larger than the cake that was made in the video because I know that they each need to be able to feed a number of people. 

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun cake with the glossy, galaxy icing & and it fit into our Galaxy Starveyors theme perfectly! And did I mention that it tasted 'out of this world'!

    ReplyDelete