Friday, June 16, 2017

Mermaid Kisses

Hey guys, today I am featuring another birthday card, this time for my beautiful niece Stella, who turns 6 years old today. Whenever I make a card for a kid's birthday I like to stick to the same theme as their party, whenever possible. It serves as a great keepsake since it reflects the theme but, you can also be sure that the recipient is going to like it because they chose the party theme. This year I struggled a bit with what I was going to make since this is a pirate theme party and I have absolutely NO pirate anything in my craft room and I am trying to use up my stash before I spend any more money. Stella wants to be Miss Elizabeth Swan from The Pirates of Caribbean movies, a I spent hours browsing the internet for inspiration and nearly everything I saw was either very boyish or more mature in nature. In the end I decided to not be so literal with this one and thought that doing a mermaid card would be just as fitting. I hope that she likes it because I absolutely LOVE how this one turned out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment