Friday, June 23, 2017

Pool Table Card

Hey guys, I am back today with Father's Day card number two, the one that I created for my dad.
As I mentioned in Tuesday's blog post, my dad and my grandpa enjoy different things so often times making two separate cards is the way to go so that each one can get a Father's Day card that is personalized just for them.

Now, most masculine cards tend to fall into a few select categories: Sports, Tools, Food or simple layered cardstock. Trying to come up with the right kind of card can be tricky if the intended recipient simply isn't interested in most of these elements. This is the problem that I typically run into with making cards for my dad. So, when I ran across a card that was made to look like a pool table (something that I know he enjoys and that we used to play together when I was young), I fell in love.

It took me a while to figure out the sizing of each element and how I wanted to lay it out but once it was completed it looked even better than I had imagined that it would.



***Hey friends, on a side note: if you could please include my best friend's husband Ryan in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. He was admitted to the hospital last Saturday (the 17th) and then took a turn for the worst and was moved to the ICU on Tuesday. Thank You.

2 comments: