Friday, September 1, 2017

Celebrate Cupcakes

Happy September 1st everyone and a very Happy Birthday to my aunt. The card that I have for you (and my aunt) is one that I started several months ago as a way to kill (aka use up entirely) a paper pad. As many of the things in my craft room have been lately, it got pushed aside to finish later and I forgot all about it. Well, I just recently found the pieces again. I decided to change up the new cards that I made just slightly for a different look using the same supplies in order to offer some variation. 

The original design features two long panels side by side with the cupcake focal image (which was stamped and hand cut) off center. 





In order to change it up for the second card I cut one larger and one smaller piece of patterned paper and put the cupcake in the uppermost center of the card. 






Since my goal was to kill an entire 6 x 6 paper pad, I ended up with quite a few cards of each design.  In order to achieve the variations in the cards I colored the frosting on the cupcakes in three different colors that coordinated with the base of the card.  I also chose a variety of different birthday themed sentiments for the inside. 











No comments:

Post a Comment