Friday, December 22, 2017

Hot Cocoa Mugs

I saw a tutorial for these cute mugs made of cardstock on Pinterest and YouTube and thought that it would be a fun craft idea to make for my family this year for Christmas. For the past several years we have decided not to exchange gifts because of the overall expense and our growing family (there are 10 children under the age of 6.) Instead we do activities together, like building a gingerbread house and decorating Christmas cookies and voting on who had the best ones. I always seem to loose, even though I have a document (aka a DEGREE in baking) that state that I know what I'm doing. LOL.

Sometimes though, it is fun to bring a little something that none of them expected. Since these fun mugs didn't cost me much to make, they fit the bill perfectly.

My plan WAS to fill each mug with either a packet of hot chocolate or a K-Cup of coffee and some various candies. But, unfortunately I was sick with a fever last weekend when my family got together for Christmas and I was unable to attend.


Does your family have any Christmas traditions?

-When I was a kid we would always open our presents at home Christmas morning but then we would have to hurry up and pack everything into the car to head off to my grandparent's houses. Back then it used to make me upset because I would get all these cool toys but I couldn't play with them until we got back, which was sometimes several days later. Now, looking back, I miss those days. Now a days Christmas morning is still the same, unwrapping presents with my mom and dad. But, usually by the afternoon we are going stir-crazy so we head out and go see a movie at the theater with my aunt and sometimes with my cousin, his wife and kids. I am sure that there are more traditions but I can't think of them right now. My head is still foggy from being sick with the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment