Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Traditional and Oreo Truffles

For Christmas this year my mom wanted to give the people that she works with a nice holiday gift so she asked me if I would make some homemade truffles, of different flavors, that she could give to them. Of course, I said yes and I ended up making a varity of five different traditional chocolate truffles.

The green Christmas trees were milk chocolate and mint flavored.

The snowmen were vanilla and white chocolate.

The candy canes were filled with a gooey caramel.

Finally, there were two different types of gingerbread men. The first batch was simply dark chocolate and the second batch were made with hazelnut and dark chocolate. I made two separate batches because at least one of the people my mom works with has a nut allergy. I made the plain dark chocolate truffles first and completely packaged them and stored them in another location before I made the hazelnut tuffles, which were my mom's favorite.


I also made a LARGE batch of Oreo truffles to take to our family Christmas, I have made them for several years now and they are definitely a family favorite! The only thing that I did different this year was that I shaped them into molds instead of making them into round balls and dipping them into the chocloate. 



    

EDIT: Unfortunately, I got sick and was unable to go to my families Christmas party and thus my family didn't get to enjoy any of these yummy goodies. 


What is your favorite Christmas treats (or winter time treat)?

- I would have to say that these Oreo truffles are my favorite! The only time that I make them is for Christmas. My favorite winter beverage is peppermint hot chocolate. Have you tried the Junior Mint K-Cups? They are pure heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment