Friday, December 8, 2017

Loopy Tree

♫Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree how would you like a new loopy brother♫

Good morning guys and happy Friday. As you can probably tell from the title and my little song, today's project is a little table top Christmas tree made from styrofoam and cardstock. I started by cutting a bunch of cardstock scraps into strips and hot gluing the two ends together to form a loop. Here is what they looked like at the beginning:



After I made a huge pile of loops (more than enough for at least two trees), I began hot gluing them around a styrofoam cone that I got at the Dollar Tree. I started gluing from the bottom and with each new row I changed the color of the cardstock loop and over-lapped them slightly with the row below. To finish off the tree I decided to add a loopy bow by adhering the loops in a stacked pattern until I got the desired look. I added the tree onto a glass candlestick holder that I also bought at Dollar Tree.


Today's question: What is your favorite and/or least favorite Christmas Carol?

- My favorite Carol is probably 'Mary Did You Know'
- My least favorite is definitely 'Carol of the Bells'

No comments:

Post a Comment