Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Change It Up Thanks

I made a card for a coworker of my mom's several years ago to thank her for something, and from the minute that I completed the card it felt off to me. I was happy with parts of the card but with others I was displeased but unsure of how to fix it. I remember staring at it for quite a while trying to convince myself that I liked it. In the end I decided to just go with it and I went on to bed.

Here is a couple of photos of that card, what do you think? Was I being too critical of myself or is there something off designwise?



The next morning I came back and the card was still sitting on my desk. I grabbed an envelope and prepared to address it when an idea of how to fix it popped into my head. I CAREFULLY peeled up each of the flowers, leaves and mini buttons on the front of the card, which was difficult because the polka dot paper in the background was extremely thin, (about the weight of copy paper) and I had used a rather strong double sided tape to adhere them down. 

Finally, the floral elements were off and I am happy to say that the pink paper remained intact. I found a different flower that was in the same stamp set as the ones that I had just removed and stamped and cut it out. I placed the 'thanks' sentiment on the outside of the card and relocated the mini buttons. I was MUCH happier with the new look and it felt like it belonged there. 

But, because I had added the word 'thanks' to the front I now needed to change the inside of the card so that it wasn't just the same. I added the larger flower that had originally been on the front to the inside so that it didn't go to waste. 



So, what do you think? Did I make the right decision changing the card up or should I have just left it the way it was?

No comments:

Post a Comment