Monday, September 3, 2018

Framed Cupcake Card

Hey friends, did you miss me?

I can't believe that this is the first time that I have posted anything since December. Life has sure been busy this year. Back in January my grandpa became ill and was hospitalized with the flu, pneumonia and a whole host of other issues, including the fact that he hadn't slept more that an hour each night in over a month.

I am happy to say that he is doing much better now, although he can no longer live alone. Our family has been spending a great deal of time going back and forth from our homes to my grandpa's house to care for him. It has been exhausting and has left little time for crafting much less blogging, but I have made it my mission to try and dedicate more time to myself and this blog so I am going to "hopefully" try to post THREE times a week until Christmas. We will see how it goes, luckily for me I have quite a few older projects that I have never got around to posting that I can share with you until I can find more time to create.

Enough blabbering lets get to the card. I decided to share a birthday card with you in honor of my aunt whose birthday was on Saturday, and I also have a file full of birthday card photos to share.






Today's card came about as a way to use up some of the supplies around my craft room. Side note, do you ever find things in your craft room or around your house and say, where did that come from? I don't remember buying that, what am I going to do with it? Well it seems that after I have been stressed I say this A LOT more!! Anyway this card came about as a result of such a moment. I have to say though I really love how this card turned out.

In my stash of never ending supplies I found a chipboard picture frame (I can't remember now if it had the pink pattern on it or if that is something that I added) that I decided to put on a card and see how it  worked, and I was happy to see that it would fit. Next I had to decide what it was I was going to frame, and if you know me AT ALL you will have known that that was a no brainier. Cupcakes should ALWAYS take center stage! So, now I have a frame and a cupcake, what next? I should dig through some more of my stash of course, and see what else I can add to this card. In my search I found some alphabet stickers that I thought would look nice, as well as some pink rhinestones to match and some fun cupcake cardstock. In hindsight I probably would have changed the cardstock behind the cupcake in the frame because it has a lot of white in it and clashes with the cupcake paper behind it but ultimately I can live with it and the more I look at it the more I like it. 
Since there is SO much going on, on the front of the card I decided to keep the inside pretty simple, with a cute stamped cupcake that I colored in and then embellished with some more of the pink rhinestones.

Let me know what you guys think and I will (hopefully) be back on Monday with another card or project. Is there anything that you would like to see? If so, leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment