Monday, September 10, 2018

Thinking of a Floral Gate

Since the last couple of blog posts I have written have been about cards I made years ago, I figured that I would continue that trend for at least one more day.

I made this card at least 6 years ago. Back in my paper flowers phase, when I literally put paper flowers on EVERYTHING. To say that I was obsessed with them would be an understatement! I can still remember the day that I ran out of the flat, felt-like flowers that were used on this card. I actually cried and dragged my mom all over town to every big box craft store looking for more, only to discover that they had been DISCONTINUED and the stores wouldn't be getting anymore like it. They had changed to a different looking flower that was more paper-like and I HATED it! I wanted what I had not something new. Wow those were the days. Thank goodness I am past that now. 

The gate and fence were cut out using the Cricut with a cartridge that I actually forgot that I own. With the creation of the online Cricut design software, it is easy to forget each cartridge as a whole because I usually just search for the image that I want and then from there weed out the cartridges that I don't own to find the right fit. I will have to go and look up more images from this cartridge to see what else I might be missing from what I already own. One more item for my to do list that I will hopefully get to someday soon.



I could go in and try to modernize this card but I think that I will probably just stick it into a keepsake box to be "rediscovered" many years from now so that I can reminisce over it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment