Friday, September 14, 2018

Typewrite Be Mine

I came across this card at my grandpa's house this week. I gave it to my grandpa for Valentine's Day back in 2014. I don't know if I have mentioned it before on my blog or not but back in the day my grandpa used to have a typewriter repair business in his garage and he was really good at fixing any problem that would arise. Even after he got older and retired he would still help people when they needed a repair. He only quit working on them a year or two ago when his eyesight worsened a bit which made seeing the tiny parts and springs too difficult. Keep in mind that he is 93 now so that is quite a feat.

So needless to say, typewriters have always held a special love and fascination for my grandpa, so I try to use them in cards and things when I get a chance.

This cute little card was made using an image cut with the Cricut (from the Suburbia Cartridge) a couple of stamps from Michaels and these fun little heart shaped brads that I found at Hobby Lobby.
It really warms my heart that he loves this card so much and he has kept if for so long.




2 comments: