Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Flower Power Pudding

You would think by now that I would be better about posting things that fit into the SWEET part of The Sweet Scrapper, but I seem to often times forget to share the food (often desserts) that I have made. Let's make that one of my new goals (as if I don't already have enough) going forward: Make and share more sweet treats!

In order to meet this new goal (that I created today) I thought that I would share these super cute flower pots that I made for Easter a couple of years ago. While shopping at Michael's Craft Store I came across these super cute silicone flower pots. They are designed to bake cupcakes in and I just HAD to buy them and create a Springtime treat.

Now, confession....I am not the most....organized person in the world. After I brought these fun molds home, I...misplaced them and forgot about them until two days before Easter when my mom said something that reminded me that I had them. By that point I didn't have time to whip up a batch of cupcakes but I still wanted to use them....what to do?

When I was kid, my mom used to make a simplified version of a dessert called 'Dirt Cake" made with pudding and crushed Oreo cookies. Lucky for me, we had both items to make these dirty goodies in the house. I alternated layering the pudding and the crushed Oreo's until I reached the top and finished with the Oreo 'dirt'.

I also had some Wilton candy melts (which is often called fake chocolate and usually tastes like vanilla) on hand, so I made some candy melt flowers (using another mold that I have that I forgot about) to add to the flower pots for a more realistic look. Lastly, I made a quick run to the grocery store to get some candy decorations. As you can see in the photos, I bought gummy worms, jelly bean eggs, a candy coated leaf thingy and a box with mini rabbits filled with caramel.



I have to say that for a quick last minute dessert these flower pots turned out pretty great. They were a bit messy to eat though since the flower pots were made of silicone instead of the more rigid traditional tara cotta, so they wanted to collapse inward as you ate them. But, they were still DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment